Monday, October 22, 2012

Flying Dolphin

The composition of this artwork is a dolphin jumping out of the water in front of a sunset. To add texture to the print, i added wavy lines for the waves in the water. I also added lines coming off of the sun for the rays of the sun.  To add contrast I cut out the belly of the dolphin so it would be more noticable. Both texture and contrast are important for a print because it helps the picture come to life and make it look more realistic. I used positive and negative space to show the outline and the shapes of the dolphin to make it stand out more. The project is decently technically crafted. I could have added more detail to the dolphin or to the ocean. I was able to show depth to the print making the dolphin bigger showing that it was closer and that it was jumping out of the water. I really liked doing this project. it was one of my favorite projects so far. Getting to cut out the print was the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment